DeliverablesThis set of documents contain all Microproof reports from the CEDR Microproof study. Within the CEDR Microproof study, the impact of microplastics and organic micropollutants on surface water was studied, and the results are described in several Microproof reports regarding the sources, concentrations in runoff and surface water, environmental risk assessment and the treatment systems.
The list below provides an overview of the reports in each part of the study. It is advised to start with the final report (Microproof report 5.6), which contains a summary of the study. The other reports provide more detail on specific subjects.
A zip file of the complete set of reports can be downloaded here
1. Final report (summary)The final report contains a summary and conclusion of the entire Microproof study
- Microproof report 5.6 - Final Report: Sources, fate and treatment of microplastics and organic micropollutants from road transport
2. Sources of microplastics and organic micropollutantsThe reports on sources of microplastics and organic micropollutants contain a detailed analysis of pollutants released of all types of microplastics and organic micropollutants. Within Microproof report 1.3 a summary of the most important pollutants is provided.
- Microproof report 1.1 - Review of literature on organic micropollutants, microplastics and associated substances in road run-off
- Microproof report 1.2 - Review of available measurements of organic micropollutants, microplastics and associated substances in road run-off
- Microproof report 1.3 - Combined results from the reviews of literature and measurements of organic micropollutants, microplastics and associated substances in road run-off
3. Microplastics and organic micropollutants in surface waterThis part of the study focusses on the pathways of pollutants towards surface water, and the resulting concentrations. In Microproof report 2.2, a rough estimate of concentrations is calculated (based on literature), whereas in Microproof report 6.6 actual measurements of concentrations in runoff and surface water is provided.
- Microproof report 2.1 - Pathways of organic micropollutants and microplastics in road borders
- Microproof report 2.2 - List of potential predicted environmental concentrations for microplastics and OMPs
- Microproof report 6.6 - Measurements of organic micropollutants, microplastics and associated substances from road transport
4. Environmental risk assessmentThe environmental risk assessment of microplastics and organic micropollutants contain an overview of the environmental risks of tyre wear particles and a selection of 10 organic micropollutants.
- Microproof report 3.1 - Environmental Risk Assessment
5. Treatment systemsThis part of the study focusses on the treatment possibilities of organic micropollutants and microplastics. As these pollutants have not been measured in treatment systems, only qualitative estimates of the treatment efficiency are provided. In Microproof report 4.4, the qualitative treatment efficiencies are combined with the results of the environmental risk assessment.
- Microproof report 4.1 - Processes and unit operations for road runoff management
- Microproof report 4.2 - Efficiency of treatment systems
- Microproof report 4.4 - Decision support scheme based on the risk assessment and the treatment efficiencies